Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lesson 1 by Jeremy


I was feeling ok about this one...until I overlaid Preston's drawing on top of mine. Is anyone else having a difficult time drawing an oval? I know, I know, it should probably be the easiest part; but if my initial egg shape is off it throws off my entire drawing. I think this is mainly because it throws my guidelines off-kilter. Anyways, there are some pretty blatant mistakes here (shape of the chin, angle of the eyes and the position of the nose). So, I will most definitely be tackling this lesson again. Just wanted to post something before everyone else moves on to lesson 2.

4 comments:

PJS said...

I know exactly what ya mean!

Caleb said...

Looks good Jeremy...

yes...the oval is tough! I also made the mistake of having one of the construction lines being too far off, throwing off the whole thing.

But for me, getting better at precision is the reason for doing each Preston drawing. Thanks for putting up what you have for now, I think it will be cool to see everyone's improvements as we go.

David Omar said...

Yes, learning to draw that oval is very important. All the characters that we will tackle, in the next few weeks, have that oval pattern, at different angles, as the main shape.

Good job otherwise. Remember that the oval has more weight at the base. so the oval should squash slightly at the bottom.

Also since he has a big smile, his cheeks should be lifted up near the eye. I use a mirror to remind me of expressions. Every shape should make sense to make the character believable.

-David O.

Jeremy Brooks said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback.