Monday, August 25, 2008

lesson 1 by patrick

3rd UPDATE:
I really wanted to nail this down before moving on to the different angles. I'm still working on those lower cheeks and the eyebrows, and being confident with the round shapes. I'm getting more satisfied with the life & warmth of the face

2nd UPDATE
The measurements are getting closer, but I think the drawings need to be full of more life

1st UPDATE:
This is probably my 10th try. I'm havin' the darndest time with the eyebrows, and being confident with the eye shapes.
I really gotta retrain my discipline and concentration. And again, I'm really stoked to be not only going back through this book, but with fellow cartoonists!


It's been great getting back into this book after several months. I'm seeing what areas I've developed and which ones I still haven't.

For me, it all comes down to concentration. When my accuracy fails I know it's because my concentration slipped.

Here's my egg comparison. the differences are obvious

Can't wait to see everyone else's, have fun!

4 comments:

David Omar said...

Hey Patrick,

You really have a good line energy to your sketches. it really brings them to life. I think it's just issues with measuring. I know it seems bothersome, but it can really make quite a difference.

I'm glad you are trying out the other parts of the book. For future posts just post the lesson. That way people can just focus on examining and critiquing one aspect of the book at a time. I don't want to confuse anyone.

It's gonna be boring doing the egg man over and over, but it will really help when you get to the mouse and squirrel.

Thanks for posting,
David

PJS said...

oh, now I see that the front view of the egg was all we're doing this week. I thought we were doing the whole page.

James said...

Yours is a little crooked and the nose is too small. Other than that, it looks fine.

Caleb said...

Looks cool, Patrick. I'm having trouble keeping the cheek lines straight and fleshy, too. Other than that, the teeth lines don't touch the lips.